Sunday, August 24, 2008

The credit card industry wants to augment how credit card scores are tallied. You'll love this!

The credit card industry now wants to base credit card scores based on the types of items we purchase. Do a web search; it's true. :(

http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/Banking/YourCreditRating/YourLifestyleMayHurtCreditScore.aspx

There - I'll let you be indolent this time. :)

Get massage therapy twice a month? You’ll probably be socked 50 FICA points. Greedy little sots… Given the banks’ own record in light of all this, shouldn’t we be examining what they do before our tax dough bails their bread out?!

More importantly, if your doctor tells you to get massage therapy, why should my credit score be affected? Credit is about paying it back. Not what one purchases.

On the other hand, if they see lots of $500 payments to someone named "Candy", they'll think I'm seeing a hooker. They'll probably also figure I'm a closeted politician...

But seriously, it is sick how companies will ram up interest rates or lower your score. It's bizarre enough as it is. Cancel a card, especially an older one? Your score goes down. Have too many cards? Score goes down. Never use a card? Well, you have no history so your score is 0, but that's not relevant right now...

Never cancel a card, especially older ones, because the oldest one is the key to your credit history. Then the company closes it for you, saying you never use it… I think I will set up autopay for one of my bills for my other card, then go and set up that card to autopay it off every month. Then they’ll blame me for using only $x0 of the $x000 otherwise available and sock it to me anyway.

In short, I hope Oprah or Dr Phil or even Oscar the Grouch has a special on these vultures. We all know Barney the oddly-shaped Dinosaur wouldn’t sing and prance over this issue (it’s too mean), so maybe we can get the Teletubbies involved. They probably use Masturcard to buy their tubby custards with anyway… Now I had my problems in the past, but this is the sort of thing that won’t get said on the 5PM news. Probably because the newscaster’s credit rating would be obliterated…

No comments: