Sunday, August 24, 2008

Renowned Sony Quality

So I had this TV, 25”, I bought in 1994. It lasted me 14 years, though the cable/antennae input died 6 years ago – so now I use it only for DVDs.

Well, last night it was time for it to go. Takes a minute to warm up and even then it’s a washed out image. A few times there’d be a black line going through it.

So I pick up this 40 pound mutha of a TV. Lay it down, gently, on the ground, albeit angled slightly on its side.

…I wish I had a camcorder…


The case shattered. Completely SHATTERED! It was a spectacle to behold... much like a political convention, or even gaggle of teenagers setting a school on fire. I mean, what’s the difference these days?

And for each piece that broke off, to even touch it would have it break into much smaller pieces. It was as stable as Rosie O’Donnell on amphetamines. BTW: She’s not related to Chris O’Donnell… Nepotism seems to run in Hollywood - just like how diarrhea does, but I digress.

So now I’ve got 80,000,000,000,000 little, dust-coated, black plastic bits – plus two sections of case that still remained intact (though they had fallen off the TV too). Talk about falling to pieces… So now what’s left, apart from the assorted not-yet-bundled of jagged plastic confetti, is a big glass tube surrounded by a sharp circuit board!

Thank goodness for vacuum cleaners…

As for those two sections? Well, putting them into a trash bag, you’d still be able to hear them straining from the gaudy reality of entropy.

Just like how my back is this morning. YEEEEEOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hmmm… Now if I were to impose anthropomorphic traits, I’d say that television was a geriatric flasher in need of valium! Or perhaps lithium, it clearly acted unstable…

No comments: